Friday 28 May 2021

Tilt mode

Probably a lot of (new) traders know this feeling. You lost a bet and you are so mad that you like to regain the money immediately. It doesn´t matter which bet, the only target is to reach the same account balance like before the loss. When you are frustrated, you shouldn´t trade, this is a golden rule!

In the past I lost a lot of money in the tilt mode. Yesterday I had a deja vu. I had to work during the day, so I couldn´t test (much) my automated system. Actually there was only one tennis match left after my working day. So I took the opportunity. Unfortunately there was not much liquidity and my automated system didn´t work properly. Suddeny my loss was two units... nothing serious, but enough to start something like a tilt mode.

So I decided to trade icehockey at the world cup. After Sweden beat Switzerland 7:0, I was sure that they were stable again. They had a 2:0 lead against Czech Republic and I decided to bet on Sweden for a possible profit (like three units) I lost before. To bad that the stake was 15 units... in absolute numbers it´s not that much, because one unit is only one Euros, but like I mentioned it was a Déjà-vu. Some years ago I lost thousands of Euros in this tilt mode.

What I learned (again)? Don´t trade when you are frustrated or bored. The next opportunity will come, sooner or later.

At least I could solve the problem in the trading system. Next week will be a lot of action at the French Open, but I have to mention that I prefer the best of three mode. My system is not configured for four or five sets. So I have to wait until each player have won one set or I trade only girls matches... if there are no live scores available at fairbot (like at the Australian Open) I will not trade at all, because live scores are necessary to trade my automated system. In some days I will know more, but even when I can trade, Grand Slam tournaments are not my favourites in a view of a trader.

No comments:

Post a Comment