Sunday 6 September 2015

Up and down

After I reached two days ago a new all time high, I am back to 0. Sometimes is hard, but as a trader you have to live with this variance.

Like I wrote yesterday, I have to improve my patience. In general I recognized that is better to trade the underdog than the favourite. The market often expects a turn around when the player with the bigger name is trailing. So the value is often poor. Yesterday Serena Williams started at 1.05 (against Mattek-Sands). Despite the number 1 was struggling, the market kept the trust. You could back her for 1.50 at the end of the second set for a while. Of course that can be an option (definitely better than back her at the start for 1.05), but the better way would lay her since the start. The worst case is loosing five ticks, they will not kill you.

Here I see a lot of potential. Instead of waiting for an expected comeback, it's often better to lay the big name at the start or at an early stage of the match. Many times the favourite doesn't start well. Even Djokovic (against Seppi) had some problems in the beginning. Unfortunately I traded for comebacks of Radwanska (against Keys) and Ferrer (against Chardy). Probably it was not a good valuation of the situation. The mentioned players have not the best season and Ferrer was even injured for a while. On the other hand their opponents are quite strong at the moment. I make still too often the typical mistake to go with the bigger name. I have to be more selective!

I recognized that another good blog (BIG PAIRS) is gone. In this point I have to agree with Cassini. It's astonishing how many blogs start with a lot of enthusiasm (and often good results), and suddenly they are not updated anymore. Probably it was another loudmouth. I was a bit suprised, how his profit was skyrocking. Often this is a sign that something is smelly. I am definitely not the most successful trader (yet), but at least I am honest. I try to keep the blog interesting, but is getting more difficult. My trading approach is quite stable now, it's just a kind of bad game selection I mentioned above.

Today I will trade the whole evening and night. I hope I can fight back from a small downfall. If not, it's not the end of the world. I just made an overview of my financial portfolio and recognized that my (virtual) Betfair account is only 2% of it. It's the part with the highest volatility, so I can't invest too much money at sportsmarkets. I am sure that this global view helps to strenghten my mind. In the end trading is mainly a psychological game. The long term winners have discipline and are mentally very strong. Caan wrote once again a good article about it: 4 trading fears. I agree with everything. Especially the part with successful people is interesting. Yes, it can be one of my problems. In my job career I didn't fail often. So it's still hard for me to lose trades. I have to learn and accept that only the long term is important!

20 comments:

  1. Excusing my English

    Cheap money saying Cassini on his blig . He take my money and say cheap money

    he insult me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassini is a big troll and in his last blog he talks about how people get trolled when they write sports blog.

    If you read many of his blogs it is a trolling frenzy which is ironic

    ReplyDelete
  3. How you're doing man? Hope the absence means trading became boringly easy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately not, but life is changing in a good way. Beside the playing hours (Asia Tour), which doesn't match my time schedule, my priorities changed. Love is in the air. :-)

      Delete
    2. Ahah, say no more! Cheers :)

      Delete
  4. Hi, You have some great content on your website I have recently added a link to you on my betting blog just wondered if you would mind adding me to your Blog Roll?

    My link details are:

    Website URL: http://paulsbettingblog.blogspot.co.uk/
    Link text: Daily Betting blog

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is surely a very good blog, thanks a lot for sharing such nice information here. http://kaptatennis.org/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know somebody asked last year but how has 2016 been for you so far? You still busy with Tennis trading?

    You definitely picked a decent sport to trade. Price movements are crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi fellas,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
    If someone want to read more about those mslo trading I think this is the right place for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking back to my life when I lost my job is really painful as I was desperately looking for full time job to pay my bills. This was such a bad time, but one of my best friend introduced me with the concept of online trading and with extensive research I was able to find my dream place. In start I was not able to comprehend even a single concept of trading, but after opening a Binary Options Demo Account, I learned a lot and within 2 weeks, I started earning. Right now I am making $1200 per month as a full time trader, and looking to move things ahead in future. If you people have any other reliable Binary option site, then do share with!! Thanks and happy trading.

    Tradorax broker

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another helpful post. This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to several more times this year!
    tradoraxexperience

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tennis is the most thrilling game in the world after the football. The whole Europe is going crazy about the Tennis due to its discipline and wonderful entertainment. In your blog I found almost every thrilling moment of the game and no doubt we really enjoy it. Looking for more thrilling moments soon.
    Love from
    Top Ten Sports

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Friend,

    I found your blog a few weeks ago and I started to read, until he reached the part of the Sultan. I sought the Sultan, read it, and returned to his blog.

    I noticed it had a great development to the part where you become a more stable and profitable trader making few ticks, but it was extremely positive expected value (was watching what was happening in the game and ladder) and following a course very promising.

    I wonder how things are going and what the reason for not having done any more text to your blog. It was very detailed and motivated.

    Att
    Lucian

    ReplyDelete
  12. The complete blogs are really inconceivable and definitely everyone will share this information.

    j2tennis

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super blog and have a very classic detail about the tennis it's really a good work.
    Tennis coach Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1xBet il bookmaker N.1 in Italia per le scommesse sportive online ti offre 100€ di bonus e un canale Live Streaming gratis. Iscriviti subito, per info e recensioni visita il sito web dedicato a 1XBET: www.1x2betitalia.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Click here for up-to-date company news from FXB Trading.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We present to you the best marketing blogs across a wide range of marketing disciplines from plenty of top blogs in our index using search and social benchmark.
    marketing blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Leading cryptocurrency exchange software development company in USA. There are many blockchain development companies but we are delivering best cryptocurrency exchange software all over the United states

    ReplyDelete