Saturday 24 July 2021

Olympic tennis tournament: Odd 1´000

 


 
At the Olympic tournament we saw almost a 1´000 odd winning! Menezes played against Cilic. The score was 6:7, 7:5, 5:0, 40:0 in favour of Cilic... afterwards the match completely turned and a bit later Menezes was 7:6, 5:7, 6:5 (with a break) ahead. A bit later the Brazilian player had even a matchpoint. The match remained crazy...  in the end Cilic found the path again (after a meander) and won 7:6, 5:7, 7:6. Well the 1´000 odd didn´t win in the end, but you could make a bunch of money trading this match. It´s a proof again, that tennis is probably the best sport to trade.

Unfortunately Fairbot doesn´t offer livescores for the Olympic tennis matches. So I can´t trade with the bot. In general I see a slight positive development of my trading approach, but the results are still not where they should be. The support of TradeShark helps, but in the end every trader is self-concentrated. Even the best trading approach is not working, when the selection process fails. This is the biggest problem at the moment. I pick too much one sided matches, where one player is dominating the other from the start to the end. If you are looking for volatility these kind of games are poison for the trading.

In general I see the issue in the selection process. I have to give more weight to the quality and not the quantity. Often I trade almost 20 matches a day... sure with a tighter selection I will miss the one and other good trader, but in general it should help to be more consistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment